Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Best bucket-less / spray mop




I was thinking about my floors and the fact that they need mopped everyday, at least once. The reason they need mopped so much is that I have 6 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats and the occasional niece and nephew. I get a lot of traffic going through, not to mention that my yard is mostly dirt and I only have carpet in one room (my bedroom) so all the floors need mopped at least once daily. I used to go to bed at night with my back aching from bending and ringing the mop out over and over. 



Then I bought a swiffer wet jet, what a waist of money, you have to buy the cleaner, the pads, and batteries. If you are mopping as much as I do that adds up. Plus, I don't like having to pay for their cleaners, I like to make my own. You know what I did, I poked a hole in the cleaner bottle and refilled it with my cleaners, I tied an old t-shirt where the pads go so I wouldn't have to keep buying their pads. Big pain in the butt and totally not worth it, especially since no matter what you still had to keep batteries in it so that it would spray.  I did like the convenience of just pulling it out and mopping, no bucket to prepare and no wringing the mop out.
So back to my old mop and bucket. Then I found a mop that didn't need batteries or special cleaners and had washable pads. It was a Rubbermaid spray mop, I was really loving it until one of the little kids unscrewed the spray nosal and lost it. The mop wouldn't spray the cleaner on the floor without it.  So another $20.00 down the drain (I hate when that happens). I can't find that particular mop anymore so I think that they are not making it, they do have a new product out called the Rubbermaid  reveal, I have not tried it though.

















I haven't tried it because I ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ my new spray mop, the Libman Freedom. It has 2 washable floor pads, I can use my own homemade cleaners with it's re-fillable cleaner bottle, no batteries and no little parts that can be taken off and lost by small children. The best part is everyone likes using it so spills get cleaned up much faster and with no complaints. If you go here you can get a $5.00 rebate.


I was not compensated in any way, I am just sharing a great product that has made my life easier, we can all use things to make our lives easier.

No comments: